Author Topic: BRAKES  (Read 6491 times)

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
BRAKES
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:00:15 pm »
ok i just put on a new master cylinder and a new booster and bleed the brakes, and also ajusted the rear brakes. the problem is that when i push the pedal down i still hear air inside when pushing the pedal down. checked brakes lines no leaks anywhere. bleed the master cylinder also. push the pedal a little bit brakes grab push the whole way down grab sometimes but sometimes dont can figure it out . someone have a solution for my problem.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BRAKES
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:35 pm »
Sounds like there's still air in there somewhere...
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:30 pm »
Did you "bench bleed" the master cylinder before installing it....? You should have.
You've got air in there........Keep bleeding it, don't bother pulling it out. Just bleed it more, more, more, and even more.

When you don't bench bleed it you'll have to force the air from the cylinder all the way through the lines....Yep, time consuming.
You'll remember next time  ;D
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:25:30 pm »
bench bleed it with a screwdriver. would it matter when i put the new booster on i took the mastercylinder off completely would air still get in the cylinder from that?
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »
"the problem is that when i push the pedal down i still hear air inside when pushing the pedal down"
Is this a constant hissing sound if so the new booster is faulty.

It sound like you still have air in the lines.
Start at the M/C crack the front line have someone press(steady pressure) the pedal to the floor  and hold it. Tighten the line repeat this until you have a constant flow of fluid. Once you have a constant flow tighten the line before the pedal reaches the floor.This will reduce any chance air getting sucked back into the system. Than repeat for the back line . Next move to the r/r wheel bleed the same way only using the bleeder screws, next do the L/R than R/F ,than finally the L/F. At this point you should have a good pedal. Than I go back to the wheels in the same order have your helper pump the pedal 3 times and hold, crack the bleeder, once you see a steady flow close the bleeder, again before the pedal goes all the way to the floor.  Constantly check the fluid level don't run the M/C dry.  Good Luck
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:31 pm »
thankx dave i will try that tomorrow
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 04:14:54 pm »
i finally got some brakes now they hold pretty good. if i can tow a trailer and stop i think that was a good test.
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT