Author Topic: Need advice on lockers  (Read 4699 times)

Flex235

• View Profile
Need advice on lockers
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »
Hi everybody! I have a 02 Tj with a 8.8 in the rear with 4:88 gearing and its my daily driver. The diff are open and I want to put a Locker in the rear that wont break the bank but also won't be too bad on-road as I drive it daily and some times go long distances. Any and all opinions would be a great help. Semper Fi!
Felix G Mendez Sr
02 Tj, 8.8 rear by ECGS, 4.88 gearing, Solid dif covers, 4" Rough Country long arm lift, Tera Flex trackbar, Rough Country steering stabilizer, JKS discos, 35" General AT2 Grabers, Smittybuilt front and rear SRC bumpers with tire carrier and 8000lb XRC whinch.

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice on lockers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:40 am »

Well... I run an Auburn HP L.S. and I absolutely love it! IT'S NOT a Locker, but this unit is damn close. It has taken me all kinds of places and great on the street, although you still have to be carefull when its real slippery cause it will fishtail. It's not cheap, but it won't break an axle either. Didn't ur 8.8 come with a L.S.? What size shafts does it have? The Aussie Locker is pretty inexpensive.

When I first started adding "stuff" to my XJ I wanted Lockers front and back, but was talked out of it and was given the suggestion of running L.S. front and back and I'm very happy I went that way. I have the TrueTrac in the front and... its OK, for the.most part. BUT I'm real happy running L.S.'s in both ends.

Hope this helps...

Tatt
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Flex235

• View Profile
Re: Need advice on lockers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:49:39 pm »
I actually got the 8.8 with out the LS to save a couple bucks but I wish I would have bought it with it cause it would have saved me money in the long run. I was looking into the LS's online and came across a powertrax no-slip. Anybody have any experience with them?
Felix G Mendez Sr
02 Tj, 8.8 rear by ECGS, 4.88 gearing, Solid dif covers, 4" Rough Country long arm lift, Tera Flex trackbar, Rough Country steering stabilizer, JKS discos, 35" General AT2 Grabers, Smittybuilt front and rear SRC bumpers with tire carrier and 8000lb XRC whinch.