Author Topic: Drive (or serpentine) belt routing schematics ...  (Read 9187 times)

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Drive (or serpentine) belt routing schematics ...
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:13 am »

After I replaced my water pump and was about to install the Drivebelt, I realized that I didn't remember its routing pattern, not a problem, I mean how difficult can it be? You look at it, visualize its route, which way the water pump turns, etc. WELL let me tell ya it ain't that simple  >:( I must've spent about an hour talking to it :-X "playing" with it (there's only about 3.5" of space in there), NOT like my old '78 K5 Blazer I use to own, I mean you could just climb up (a small ladder) and sit, literally, inside the engine compartment, it was sooooo easy..... but I digress. OK, where was I  ???  OH yeah, I finally went to my Haynes repair manual (yes, I don't ask for directions first either), there are 2 schematics in there, but neither are for my vehicle  >:(  THANK GOD for the internet, a few minutes on Google and Da Dahhhhh ;D
   Below is a web page with Drivebelt schematics for the 2.5L and 4.0L engines, with & without A/C. And the answer is YES, to you and my wife, I did print it off. Thanks for asking :P

justanswer.com/questions/25orv-hello-i-have-a-94-jeep-cherokee-with-a-c-and-i-threw-the-serpentine

Tattoo  :-\

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Drive (or serpentine) belt routing schematics ...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:56 am »
Did you have a good time?   ;D  I had my serpentine belt almost on when I discovered that I had a turn in it somewhere, creating a Mobius strip out of it!  So, I had to take it off and start over.  Fortunately I had the right Haynes manual sitting on the engine block to refer to during my ordeal.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:19:16 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 05:38:45 pm »
did the neighbors starter in her xj the other day, and when i walked away to get tools her boy decided to remove the serp belt but luckily the picture was still on the grill. but yes a very much PITA.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:47:36 pm »
I thought my Dodge Cummins serp belt was easy.....must be some serious differences.
Never owned a Jeep with a serp belt.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:12:34 pm »
I thought my Dodge Cummins serp belt was easy.....must be some serious differences.
Never owned a Jeep with a serp belt.

Let's just say that long, slender arms are a plus when reaching around and between certain parts of an '88 XJ.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 07:11:17 pm »
it helps if its lifted way up, so you can sit under it and cus when it dont fit. lol
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7