Author Topic: rough country or rusty's lift kit?  (Read 10566 times)

bubba1

• View Profile
rough country or rusty's lift kit?
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:11:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm about reasy to pull the trigger on a lift kit and wanted opions on what lift kit to get most of the time I'll be riding the streets but when I want to go off road the 08 rubicon would be ready to go the to that I mentioned are in my budget plus 35 inch tires to go with the lift. I haven't reas much on this forum about rough country 2.5 lift or rusty's 3.5 lift kit can anyone shed some light on these lifts and how is MT Zion off road are they good to deal with I no that they install rough country and Adams Jeep in Maryland installs rusty's.

I look forward to hearing good advice since I'm just a beginner at this I did take my rubicon up at RC last Saturday and it did fine after that I new if I wanted to do more I would need to put a lift kit on with bigger tires other then that I belive that is it.

thanks

Steve   :)
Steve Krout

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: rough country or rusty's lift kit?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:39:40 pm »
i can speak for the xj rough country lift and rustys lift both were of the same quality and similar price i went with the rc lift because the shipping was $40 from topguncustomz but $155 from rc and rustys was $162 figure what i save in shipping goes elsewhere in the jeep.and as far as mt zion there great people and work with you even if you just stop by to bs
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

bubba1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »
ok would you put a rough country on a new 08 rubi and feel comfortable when you go off road did you have any problems since you put the rc on your jeep? would the 2.5 give me the lift that I want to be able to do easy black as I get better at wheeling?

Steve
Steve Krout

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:39:59 pm »
i beat the snot out of my xj 6.5 total lift 4.5 rc and 2 daystar coil spacers and shackles and i am very pleased with the lift and have no worries about the lift the only problem i have ever had with it (been 10 months now) was a bad set of control arm bushings, they had a recall on them but were replaced fast and free and it was alot of lift companies had the same recall so no biggie there. i dont know about "easy" black thats more driver than lift. you can break something or get stuck on an easy blue ( or get stuck in a puddle)

build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:49 pm »
I want to be able to do easy black as I get better at wheeling?
Steve

You can do them now w/ the set up you have.  ;)
Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

bubba1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 05:53:32 pm »
just maybe I wasn't with the right guys when I went up to rc mybe sometime in the near future I can ride up with you guys if that would be ok? I guess it does matter what kind of driver and the knowledge that you have when you start wheeling so you don't break a lot of stuff I belive I have a lot to learn. I was wondering are you taking to members at your dec meeting on Sunday?

thanks

Steve
Steve Krout

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:24 pm »
mybe sometime in the near future I can ride up with you guys if that would be ok?

Yes, most of the time the groups will be doing trails you can do.

I guess it does matter what kind of driver and the knowledge that you have when you start wheeling so you don't break a lot of stuff

A few tips for a new driver go a long way. But time behind the wheel is priceless.

I was wondering are you taking to members at your dec meeting on Sunday?

Yes, 2009 is right around the corner.
All are welcome, come on out.

Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

MudSlinger

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 07:42:50 pm »
im running the 4.5 rustys lift it runs great on and off road so i say rustys