Author Topic: over heating prob  (Read 5516 times)

2000paxj

over heating prob
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:36:17 pm »
hey guys
right off the bat i just want to say that i had a great time at the jeep show saturday. my dad n i rolled in with his 68 kriaser m 715. boy did we get some great comments n looks. n too boot he got 1st place in the military catageory.
any way i have a ? i have a 2000 cherokee 4.0L that this passed fall over heated on me.....it blew out the freeze out plug in the back of the head. we took the head off to replace it n the gaskets.....head gasket < valve cover gasket n exhaust gasket...... put all back together n it still over heated... we found out it was the water pump n thermosate...so we replaced those also. i drove it from then december til now n it over heated on me right before the show. i just got done puttin in a new radiator two days before the show. drove down to strinestown to my parents from clearfield with no problems n back. now i just went to see my girlfriend at lunch when i turn the ac on n sat there while we ate lunch n it ovr heated again. what the hell is wrong with this thing. why is it over heating again after alll those parts are replaced?
thanks for the info
danny
ps i know the waterpump isnt bad cause i flushed the block out while it was running before i hooked up the new rad.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: over heating prob
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:13:30 pm »
maybe the elec fans not kicking on. check the fuses.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

2000paxj

Re: over heating prob
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »
my e-fan is working cause i have it on a switch for when i rock crawl. sum1 had mentioned to me bout my clutch fan. how do i no if its working properly?