Author Topic: 47 Willys CJ2A  (Read 6040 times)

Chief

• View Profile
47 Willys CJ2A
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »
Im going to go look at a 47 CJ2A on Sunday. It has rebuilt F-134 eng new brake system/wiring/tires/alt/carb, 12 volt good frame and body. inspected plow top grille guard. the guy is asking $4000. What and where should for possible problems.

Thanks Chief
05 Rubicon Umlimited

Ray Whetstine

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: 47 Willys CJ2A
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »
Cool, although for that money it should be complete and ready to drive/work.   I know with ours I tore down everything( the engine was rebuilt prior to us taking possession) the trans and transfer case was trashed lots of pitting it is 62 years olds. You can't know these things unless you disassemble or know the history.  I am having fun restoring ours. HEY Mike any suggestions you are the resident expert
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:08:15 am »
Chief If you don't get that one I know of one other that I am having a friend get me information on.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Chief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 12:28:01 pm »
Jenn im just starting to look. so i would love that info. will let you know what i find
05 Rubicon Umlimited

Ray Whetstine

Chief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:22:25 pm »
did not turn out to be a good jeep. frame and drive train was good but the only things that were original was the grill, windshield hinge and the cowling. the rest was home built. looked cool but would need a complete body. on to the next one.
05 Rubicon Umlimited

Ray Whetstine