Author Topic: AIRAID Cold Air Dam Intake  (Read 4698 times)

jpwrangler2006

AIRAID Cold Air Dam Intake
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:43:08 pm »
Anyone have any experience with the AIRAID Cold Air Dam Intakes?  I would like to get the most out of my 2.4 I4 engine and would like your thoughts if it will make enough of a performance difference.  I drive between 500-800 miles a week depending on what area of PA I have to cover so my miles are highway.

Thanks

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: AIRAID Cold Air Dam Intake
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 02:03:21 pm »
   I have a AFE cold air intake installed on my XJ. I like it. It seemed to give me the most power "felt" of all the improvements I've made. For mine, a 4.0L, it sounds like it has a 4 Barrel Carb when you jump on it. Increased gas milage? Don't know, but it does seem like I don't have to press down on the accelerator as much as I use to. BUT... the reviews on these "types" of intake systems seems to be negative on the "filtration" part. My Cone filter seems to dry out really fast so I clean/oil mine more often. That's the reason you see the extreme duty cover on mine. If your system doesn't come with one, buy one!

If you decide to buy one, then make sure that there's a divider to separate the intake from the engine compartment. If you get one that has only the Cone Filter, and hose, then you'll just be sucking in HOT air and you'll lose the "cold air" effect. When I'm sitting still, my set-up will still draw in some hot air, but when I'll moving I'm getting cooler air coming in from grill.

You can always check out the numerous "Jeep" forums on the web to see what others think. IMHO I think it was worth the money I paid (about $160), but I always try NOT to buy retail, so check around to get the best price.

Tattoo 8)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 03:21:25 pm by (Tattoo) Jack »
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...