The Garage > Work In Progress

The beginning of a "Grand" affair

(1/2) > >>

SteveTheFolkie:

Ok, YJ's, XJ's, 2 CJ's (one 5, one 2) - this is my first ZJ and my first attempt at using photobucket - show's 150K on the clock but it received a new Jasper rebuilt engine, transmission and t-case @ 80K.  Also my first "selectrack" transfercase - if it gives me any trouble it'll get swapped for a 231.  Runs great, all the gee-gaws work, leather and carpet are in great shape, I'm the 2nd owner - apparently the 1st owner took care of his or her stuff!

PaulW:
I like zj's they were the very first 4 coil sprung jeep.  Watch out for the poopy Dana 35 out back.  An 8.8 ford is usually a good swap in those, as you can retain the disc brakes.

SteveTheFolkie:
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind (differential) - she's a 4.0 I6, as such shouldn't tax the diff like a V8 ...  it's currently running 31's with minimal rub (only @ full lock), might do a budget lift (2" spring spacers) just to get a bit more attitude (and altitude), not interested in building it into a rock crawler or anything like that - it's going to be a daily driver.

Cheers

Steve

SteveTheFolkie:
She seems to be a keeper.  Last Wednesday I drove from Abbottstown to Detroit and then Windsor Canada - hit a meeting on Thursday then drove to Toronto - hit a meeting Friday morning then drove from Toronto through Niagara Falls (slowly I turned, inch by inch, step by step ....(sorry for the stooges regression)) and home to Abbottsotown - 18MPG the whole way (pissing down rain for most of Wednesday and Friday), used no oil, didn't miss a beat and I was comfortable the whole time.
Yep - the start of a GRAND affair!
She does need tires - thinking of going with 30*9.5*15 BFG TA AT's - did some measuring and they won't rub at full lock - it'll never be a rock crawler being as nice as it is.

Cheers

Steve

PaulW:
Glad your enjoying it.  Welcome to the grand crowd!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version