Author Topic: Skid Plates and Bumpers  (Read 8198 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Skid Plates and Bumpers
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:20:08 am »
Alright so I have a few bucks to stick into the XJ and I'm thinking maybe a Warrior Products front bumper with D-Ring mounts and some skid plates. I severely butchered my front bumper with a hack saw when I was cutting for my fender flares. Right now I have the factory skid plates I pulled from my Up Country parts vehicle but aside from the gas tank skid they all look pretty useless as far as protecting my vitals. Anyone recommend any particular skids? I know from experience the transfer case crossmember takes a huge beating, so I'm looking for more towards that area to protect. Also, any used parts for sale I'd be interested in would be cool.

Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Skid Plates and Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:57 am »

This is the bumper I will probably get  http://www.rigidco.com/FbLTD.htm I like the ground clearance and the style.  ;D

Tattoo 8)

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Mutant_Xj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:55:48 pm »
DPG belly pan.
Damien Sees

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:58:34 pm »

speaking of belly pans...

http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=173 for just the pan or

http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=169 the pan with Y-Link
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:04 pm »
Well, since I mangled my previous bumper up, I'm just buying a bumper for now. I went with the Warrior one because I got it on special for about $300 shipped from Morris 4x4.

As far as the skid plates go, I'm going to install the factory ones for now and see which ones get bent first and replace as necessary.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:34:19 am »
Trail it and see how things go. Eric Kootte (Skid Row Automotive) will have a booth at this years Jeep Show (July 18 & 19th) again and can/will certainly help you out.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...